Sunday, November 13, 2011

Welcome me back! / Paperclip Bookmarks!

Welcome me back into the blogging world! I've been gone for quite some time now! Chase and I were talking about how I needed to start a crafting/organizing blog and how he thought it was a great idea.....so here I am! I hope that my tutorials will be helpful to you in your everyday life, and I help you stay crafty and organized!  
So to kick it off......
I have a craft tutorial to show you! 
This is probably one of the easiest tutorials I'll ever post, but I thought it would be a good starter. They are called Paperclip Bookmarks. Personally, I am such a bookworm and because I always have more than one book to read, plus my pleasure reads. My bookmarks are always strewn around the house and I often lose them. These bookmarks are an easy, cheap and fun way to keep your pages marked with a little bit or cooky style. 
So, we'll start with what it takes.....
I ran to Wal-Mart and picked up everything I needed for this project. It cost me a grand total of $3.00, and just $3.00 will probably get you over one hundred bookmarks. 
You'll need a spool or two, or three if you choose of thin ribbon, a pair of scissors and large or jumbo paperclips!




I chose black and white paperclips to add a little bit of flavor! 


First you'll cut your ribbon into strips. I chose to do about 3" strips. 



Then you'll loop the ribbon thru the top of the paperclip, and tie them in a knot over one-another. 





                                            And you get this to mark your book with! 



       Here are a few more I made! They take about 2-3 mins to make. No time at all, and super fun!


                              
                                                                   Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment