Monday, November 14, 2011

Spray Paint Votives!

Okay, so I saw this idea on Pinterest and I fell in love! So here it goes.... 

What you will need for this project is a votive (in any size), flat white spray paint, and rubber bands! 
I ran by Wal-Mart to pick up all my supplies, and since I didn't have any rubber bands or flat spray paint, it cost my about $7, which is usually over my crafting-budget, but I'll have the stuff handy for my next project! I went ahead and bought two small votives for $1 each, rubber bands were 67 cents and paint was about $3.50. I also picked up a pack of small tea light candles for 88 cents! (in vanilla, yummy!) 

So here are the supplies...





I laid down some newspaper, and got to work! 

First I stuffed my votive with newspaper so I wouldn't get any spray paint inside. Then, I individually wrapped the rubber bands around the votive. 


I overlapped the rubber bands instead of straight lines, but you can do whatever you like! 

Next I sprayed the bottom of the votive and let it dry for about five mins. 
Then, I sprayed the sides and let it dry for about 30-45 mins. 
It only takes, what I call, mini-sprays, to cover the votive. Make sure you spray lightly and from a distance. 



Don't forget to let it dry for at least 30 min. 
Easily and slowly pull off your rubber bands once your votive is completely dry, and....

This is the result! A snowy, unique votive!

 
Now, just pop in a tea light, and there you have it! 

Try it for yourself! 
Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment