Thursday, December 1, 2011

Clothes Pin/ Christmas Card Wreath

I've been wanting to try this craft for a while now and I found the 
perfect opportunity when this Christmas season rolled around! 

So this is what I made today....


We are always looking for some place to put all of the Christmas cards 
we receive and this is the perfect way to do it! 

You'll need.....

A 50 pack of clothes pins 
they cost 97cents at Wal Mart


A wire hanger that you will unwind out straight


Spray paint and ribbon! 



My wonderful boyfriend Chase helped me out by unwinding the hanger 
and then bend it into a circle...


Next what you'll do is take your clothes pins and 
clip them to a box like this


You'll take your spray paint and lightly spray the front 
and back of the pins. I chose to use white because it's what I had 
on hand, but you can use green, red, any color you'd like. 


I had to put about three coats of paint of my pins
and I let them dry 15 mins between each coat. 

After, I unclipped all the pins and put them in a bowl.
Chase helped a lot with the next step as well.

I took my ribbon and Chase sprayed adhesive on the back 
and I wrapped it around the wire. You can use glue, or mod podge 
or you can skip this step all together and let the wire show.



Next I clipped my pins on the ribboned-wire...


I clipped them from the inside out so that the pincher part
would be on the outside of the wreath.


I tied ribbon around the top and hung it on a wreath hanger...



You don't have to use the wreath for just Christmas cards,
you can change the ribbon and use it for graduation announcements,
which I know everyone receives lots of every year.
You can clip photos, business cards or anything. 
You can even use it at weddings and events to clip money and cards to. 
Or use it at your Christmas dirty santa party to clip all of the gift cards! 

Enjoy! 





No comments:

Post a Comment